Global Medical Advisor for NBCD A/S
- a Science-Driven Drug Development Organization.
NBCD A/S is an international drug development organization. We believe that personalized medicine, innovation in study design and execution are the key aspects in developing new drugs smarter, better and faster.
NBCD, formerly Nordic Bioscience Clinical Development, was established in 2006, and provides scientific and clinical trial services to the biotech and pharmaceutical industry in addition to developing own drug candidates. The portfolio of both sponsor programs and full service CRO trials provides unique insight to the entire clinical trial industry. NBCD currently consists of 27 employees based in Herlev, Denmark in addition to 5 Clinical Research Associates based throughout Europe and Asia. We perform all aspects of clinical trials such as trial design, protocol writing, medical monitoring, data management, regulatory affairs, pharmacovigilance, and trial management.
We focus our efforts on innovative clinical trials in few therapeutic areas where we can provide additional value, based on our research legacy in connective tissue-diseases such as osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. We operate at the forefront of international drug development research, and we are internationally renowned for our scientific and operational expertise. Our headquarter facilities also encompass a state-of-the-art clinical research site and a phase 1 unit, which give us the unique advantage to perform internal clinical trial programs and thereby support the scientific strategy of the entire organization.
NBCD is a small, but growing operation, which means we rely on our agility and efficiency. Every team member has broad responsibilities and we strongly believe in empowerment and giving our employees freedom to operate and to innovate.
We are now looking for a colleague to be a part of our medical affairs team based in our headquarters in Herlev, outside Copenhagen, Denmark.
Your job as Global Medical Advisor is highly varied and will amongst other elements include the following:
- Responsibility for the medical monitoring of cutting-edge international Phase I-III clinical trials
- Utilizing your medical training by ensuring the safety of the trial participants and evaluate detailed safety information, lab data, adverse events and other important data
- Responsibility to advise investigators on ad-hoc matters regarding the safety of participants, and trial data integrity
- Contribute to risk-evaluations of new trials and plan the necessary steps for adequate monitoring of the safety of study participants
- Participation in trial design and the overall project management and trial conduct from study start up to study closure
- Participate in discussions on new potential therapeutics with new and existing pharma and biotech partners
- Engage in scientific discussions with existing and new investigators across the globe on potential new clinical programs
- Bring your scientific mindset into play by contributing to our internal scientific strategy
- Participate in trial data analysis, manuscript writing and conference abstract activities
- Use your knowledge about medicine, pathophysiology, and science by training your fellow co-workers on relevant topics
- Light traveling expected (10-15 days per year)
You will act as a key member of the medical affairs team, and will report to the Chief Scientific Officer. You will work in close collaboration with the CSO, and the pharmacovigilance, regulatory affairs and medical coding teams, in addition to frequent cross-functional participation in regular study activities.
Desired skills and experience
- You are an MD by training
- You may be a physician with interests in science and the pharmaceutical industry. Clinical Basic Training certification (“KBU”) is not a requirement.
- You possess good coordination skills, and are able keep track of, delegate and prioritize tasks
- Experience with Good Clinical Practice and/or clinical trials is a plus
- You are a responsible person who can work independently and assume accountability of your delegated responsibilities.
- You are a creative thinker and be able to think outside the box. As a small organization, we rely on the combined creative intellect of the organization to solve issues rather than established procedures and check lists.
- We expect you to be enthusiastic about innovative research and desire to learn new approaches and expand your core skill set.
- You have a scientific mindset and understand how data can be translated into useful knowledge
- You must have excellent communications skills and as most our communication is in English, you must have fluent business English (oral and written) and basic medical writing skills.
NBCD is offering
- An important role in a highly dynamic research-organization with world-wide reach
- An environment driven by science and good ideas, where you can truly make a difference and see your own ideas come to life
- Great opportunities for personal development. We invest in developing and promoting our staff.
- The possibilities to broaden your efforts, being introduced to all clinical and non-clinical pre-market aspects of drug development in one place
- Contribution to our academic publication activities and authoring impactful new papers: NBCD publishes several peer-reviewed articles each year in highly regarded medical journals
- A flat, tight organization in which your successes will not go unnoticed
For further information please contact Chief Scientific Officer Asger Reinstrup Bihlet (firstname.lastname@example.org)
To apply, please send a letter of motivation and a CV to email@example.com . We will review applications on an ongoing basis and may close the job opening when the right candidate is identified.